Saturday, July 20, 2013

Worker Demographics

One of the first questions I had as a MTurk researcher was about the demographic make-up of the workforce.  What is the average Worker like?  There are many research studies and other sources of information about Worker demographics.  I also have some insight into this question.

I used MTurk to collect data for my thesis, and I surveyed 1,300 Workers.  They were asked about their age, current employment status, number of hours worked per week, and tenure at current employer.  Here is the breakdown of this sample:  


Mechanical Turk Demographics Age


Additional demographic information was collected from 425 of these Workers.  They were asked about their gender, industry, and education level.  Here is the break down of this second sample:

Mechanical Turk Demographics Gender

Mechanical Turk Demographics Industry

Mechanical Turk Demographics Education

No comments:

Post a Comment